Fibracast is the global innovator and manufacturer of the advanced MBR membrane, FibrePlate™
Products, Technology, People
Learning from the old but forging ahead with the new, innovation is all about trying when others simply conform. FibrePlate™ is the result of people imagining what a membrane should be and not what others are willing to accept. FibrePlate™ raises the bar on performance with its unique membrane design while delivering great customer experience through the support and dedication of the people behind it.
Fibracast was started in August of 2010 by the original pioneers and innovators of immersed Hollow Fibre technology with the intent of solving the problems plaguing conventional UF technology. Knowing that membrane designs have not changed over the past 20+ years, Fibracast knew that a simple design modification or introduction of a new aeration technique was not the answer; a new membrane design was needed. Starting with a clean slate and with over 25 years of global operational experience, Fibracast set out and created a new membrane design but in a turn of events discovered something greater, a new technology called FibrePlate™. Smaller foot print, greater flows and better performance are delivered through a unique hybrid design while better control, reduced costs and easier operations are achieved through its innovative hydraulics and dual scouring technology. FibrePlate, “Performance Delivered”!
FibrePlate™ is manufactured within a world class facility taking full advantage of today’s production technologies. Re-imagining what membrane performance should be starts with the tools to produce it. Conventional membrane design, developed 20 years ago, was limited based on the technologies available to produce it. Today, using modern technology, there are no limits. Tolerances, quality and accuracy needed to produce FibrePlate, is easily achieved with the aid of robotics, optical encoding, lasers and artificial intelligence, making the once impossible, possible.
“incredible technology can be developed, but not realised, if the technology to produce it does not exist.”
Drawing on over 25 years of research, engineering and global operations, Fibracast set out to solve the ongoing client problems of:
- Fiber breakage
- High cleaning frequencies
- High operation costs
The result, FibrePlate™. An innovative membrane offering, combing Hollow Fiber and Flat Plate UF membrane technology into a new hybrid solution. Today, Fibracast manufactures the FibrePlate™ membrane at its world class state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Hamilton, Ontario.
Board of Directors
Dr. Diana Benedek
(Board Member and Chairperson)
- Former COO of Anaergia Inc.
- Former Senior Vice President Municipal Division Zenon Environment Inc.
- Led development, design and R&D of ZeeWeed Membranes
- Commercialized ZeeWeed membrane offerings within NA and International markets
(Board Member and CEO)
- Former CEO of Anaergia Inc.
- Past President and General Manager of Zenon Environment Inc.
- Past President and General Manager of Engineered Systems at GE Water and Process Technologies
- 25+ experience developing and leading global sales and operations within the water/wastewater industry
Dr. Andrew Benedek
- Founder, Chairman & CEO of Anaergia Inc. (TSX :ANRG)
- Founder and former CEO of Zenon Environmental Inc. (TSX listed)
- Established Zenon Environmental Inc., the world’s largest ultra-filtration and membrane bioreactor company (prior to GE Water Acquisition)
Peter Van Schaik
- Founder and former-CEO of Van-Rob Inc. that consolidated with Kirchhoff Automotive, a global automotive parts supplier on three continents
- Currently involved in developing and launching new products
- Currently building a real estate investment company, purchasing industrial and commercial properties
- Serving as a director on a few charitable and business organizations
Dr. Andrew Szonyi
- Extensive experience as board director across private and public companies including lead director for Zenon Environmental Inc.
- Formerly owned and operated several businesses
- Former Professor of management and engineering at the University of Toronto
- Professional designations: PhD, P.Eng. MBA, LLM
- Currently CFO of Rowntree Enterprises Inc.
- Extensive experience in the automotive, asset-based lending and real estate industries
- Previously worked in Investment Banking
- Professional designations: CPA, CA (Canada)
Officer and Corporate Secretary of the Corporation
(Chief Financial Officer & Corporate Secretary)
- Former Corporate Finance Director of Anaergia Inc.
- 25+ Years of global finance experience in leadership roles with expertise in strategic financial management, financial oversight and reporting, M&A, equity and debt financing across manufacturing, construction & service industries
- Professional designations: CGMA (USA), CPA (USA), CPA (Canada)
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING
We had two engineering firms, a government agency and the City all do individual assessments of five different membrane suppliers looking at CAPEX, OPEX and operational benefits. Fibracast was the unanimous decision. We believe in the company and their technology.
Cloacina initially chose to utilize Fibracast membranes because of the disruptive advances they made in an otherwise complacent segment of the wastewater industry. We continue to use their product because it delivers what they initially promised.
Fibracast was selected to replace our original membranes due to significant footprint and energy savings plus their unique operational robustness. Based on almost 2 years of proven performance, we are doing a second project with Fibracast.
Please pass my congratulations to the team. Really you process 3 times the flow in half the footprint. Not hard to figure out you guys are on to something remarkable.
The Sterling Natural Resource Center is an opportunity to embrace the advancements of wastewater treatment, together with Fibracast and the project team we are making a commitment to the next generation of membrane technology.
East Valley has set out to construct a state-of-the art facility, true to this effort we have committed to using the membranes of the future.